Can you use the 'heat map' question type to collect geospatial data from survey respondents? | XM Community
Question

Can you use the 'heat map' question type to collect geospatial data from survey respondents?

• 27 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,
I'm hoping to develop a survey that involves some participatory mapping.
I'm quite new to qualtrics, and am trying to figure out whether it will be able to do what I need.
I can across the heat map question type, and was wondering whether you are able to have a google maps/satellite imagery back ground that the survey respondent can zoom in and out of, and drop location pins (georeferenced) - (I can't actually select the heat map question type, beyond seeing the example, as I am just working out of a free account at the moment)
If so, just had a few questions about how to do the following:

1. Can the survey respondent add multiple location pins into one mapping question? (e.g. can add a location pin for all their favourite places within the same one map)

2. Can the survey respondent select different types of pins to be added to one map? (e.g. one red pin for coffee shops and one blue pin for restaurants – but within the same map interface)

3. When you create the survey, can you have two different maps for two different questions (within a single survey)? (e.g. one map where the respondent can select all their favourite places, and another map where the respondent can select all their least favourite places)

Thanks in advance!
Kindly,
Alice

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

@Alice2020,

1. Up to 10 pins can be added

2. No, only one type of 'pin'

3. Yes, you can add as many heat map questions as you want

Leave a Reply