Pipped text from multiple answers | XM Community
Solved

Pipped text from multiple answers

Hello,

would like to know if there is possible to use pipped text function from a multiple choice question displaying each option separately instead of all together how we have now.

I am looking forward to hear about it.
Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Nery 5 June 2020, 12:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can either use javascript to store them in different embedded data, OR using branch logic in survey flow, for each option you can check if a option is selected then store only that option in embedded data.

Hi rondev,
Thanks for your help.
So, if my multiple question has 10 options I will need to create 10 branches logic in Survey Flow and add this options as embedded data? Since all options can be choose by my customers
I did not understand well what you mean with store in embedded data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Nery - if you pipe the selected answers they display as a comma+space separated list. How do you want them to display?

TomG I wanted the selected answers to be displayed separately in order to identify the following questions answers for each of these selected answer in the first question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Nery
If I understand correctly, you have a multi-select, multiple choice question. You want to display choices in a follow-up question(s) based on the choices selected in the first question.
If that is the case, you don't need embedded data. Use choice display logic on your follow-up question(s) to only show choices based on what was selected in the first question.

I used loop and merge and it worked 🙂. Thanks for your support

Leave a Reply