How to send an individual an email based on their response with custom answer for each question | XM Community
Solved

How to send an individual an email based on their response with custom answer for each question

• 29 May 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a 54 question survey with simple 'Yes' or 'No' answers for each question. The purpose of the survey is to inform an individual about how they will be impacted by a new program at their company. Each question has a different 'response' based on whether they select 'Yes' or 'No'. At the end of the survey I would like to send the respondent an email with a table of how they responded to the question + text based on their response. Ideally it would look something like this....
Here are your results:
'Question 1' - 'Yes' - Customized description of how they are impacted
'Question 2' - 'No' - Customized description of how they are impacted
'Question 3' - 'Yes' - Customized description of how they are impacted
And so on....
I thought I could maybe use the custom filters in the email trigger, but I would have to create a way too many combinations since a user can select Yes or No for each. Is there anyway for me to add that customized text based on a user's response?
Thank you for any help in advance!

icon

Best answer by TomG 29 May 2020, 15:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Maybe you could set embedded variables for each text in the survey then pipe those embedded variables into the email trigger email.

Thank you for your suggestion! I am somewhat new to qualtrics so I am going to investigate how to do that...I will follow up if I have questions or if it works!

This worked wonderfully, thank you!

Leave a Reply