adding more choices in side by side question dropdown list | XM Community
Solved

adding more choices in side by side question dropdown list

• 3 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

i am unable to add more items in the dropdown list in side by side question. please see the screenshot attached. it would be great to get guidance on how i can add more items to the list
side by side.png

icon

Best answer by rondev 3 June 2020, 08:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

From column options just click "Add column answer" to add a new choice to the drop down list and then use click here to edit items option to change the label/text of the answer choice.
Generally, when dealing with drop down in side by side, just make and edit all the choices in single answer mode and when everything is set then just change the column type to drop down list

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/26095#Comment_26095unfortunately, this didn't work. But i found a work around by initially selecting it as multi answer (check box) and bring it back to dropdown

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

But i found a work around by initially selecting it as multi answer (check box) and bring it back to dropdown -> Yes, this is what I meant in second paragraph

Hi rondev ,
I did exactly what you said and I can see the dates in the list. But in my case, a validation is required where the end date must be greater than the start date. But when I do it as you say, I run into a more complex problem. Can you please help me by looking at this link? Thanks a lot.
Akif

Leave a Reply