unable to create personalized distribution links via api | XM Community
Question

unable to create personalized distribution links via api

• 23 June 2020
  • 0 replies

Hello,
If i use the website to create personalized distribution links the only requirement is the survey (which of course you have to select to get to distributions link) and a contact list. From there personalized links can be generated without any other info.
However, when trying to use the api, it is requiring me to fill in message block (library id messagetxt etc), header block (from/replay email name,etc). Neither of which i want to do as we want to send the links later ourselves.
I'm wondering if there is a way to create personalized links via the api where only recipient block and survey block are used.
Looking at the api docs (https://api.qualtrics.com/guides/reference/distributions.json/paths/~1distributions/post) it appears that used to be possible . This is what i am after to create the links that i can later download and distribute .
/distributions -d '{
"surveyId": "SV_6hsqQZccKfnIKGN",
"linkType": "Individual",
"description": "distribution 2019-06-24 00:00:00",
"action": "CreateDistribution",
"expirationDate": "2019-07-24 00:00:00",
"mailingListId": "CG_6F1gRt186CZOVoh"
}'
But when i try to submit the data in that format, i get an error saying its the old method and its no longer accepted. So i try with the new format excluding the blocks that are not required or needed and i get an error saying they are mandatory. Including null or empty string values in those blocks generates other requirement errors.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you ,

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply