Does anyone have any experience with participant compensation (e-gift cards) for survey completion? | XM Community
Solved

Does anyone have any experience with participant compensation (e-gift cards) for survey completion?

• 26 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi Qualtrics Community!
My team and I are looking to start a follow-up online survey using Qualtrics and would like to provide respondents with compensation (in the form of e-gift cards) for completion of the survey. We are looking to provide each participant (n=700+) with one gift card each at the end of the survey, to ensure participants' information/responses are anonymized, and to minimize the possibility for respondents to complete the survey multiple times to collect additional gift cards.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with adding gift card compensation to their survey without the use of Tango Card Incentive integration? If anyone has done this before and can provide a detailed process of how to complete this or is able to provide any helpful tips, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for all the help in advance!

icon

Best answer by riceball 26 June 2020, 20:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

I'd like to preface that I don't know if this is the best solution, but this is what we did.
We wanted to give out an Amazon gift card to users. We worked off the raffle doc page as a base: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/common-use-cases-rc/creating-an-anonymized-raffle/
Note especially the bit at the top to try and prevent people from just blasting through the survey for the gift card (e.g. making sure people can't take the survey more than once - check the ballot box stuffing in survey options. but the user can clear their cookies or use a different browser to get around that... incentives are inherently risky).
To keep it anonymous, we had 2 surveys , just like the raffle page has- one with the actual questions, and a second that asked for the user's email for the gift card.
For the main survey, referring to the raffle page, instead of having a question in the survey "Would you like to enter the raffle" as in the docs, we just changed the regular survey flow end to be the 2nd survey.
Then we followed most of the steps in "Survey Flow: Manual Raffle" since we wanted to copy the flow but weren't actually having a raffle. (Don't forget step 6 there with the referer).
Then we just checked the data tab regularly to see the email addresses to send the gift cards to.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27247#Comment_27247Thank you so much for your input and suggestions riceball. I guess there might be no way around manually sending out gift card codes to participants. With our large sample I was hoping to find a way which automatically sends gift card codes. Nonetheless, I really appreciate your quick reply and help!

Hi btran97
did you find a way to automatically send gift card codes? We would like to do the same , we will have email addresses, but would prefer not to have to email individually. If you worked out a solution we'd be grateful to know it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

While I have not had an opportunity to use incentives, I remember meeting with Rybbon at X4 in 2019. They are another integration service that seem to have some positive features - I especially liked that you receive a 100% refund for any unclaimed rewards. They were also able to track receipt, which is mandatory requirement of any incentives at my university.
https://www.qualtrics.com/marketplace/rybbon-integration/

Badge

Hello Everyone,
I understand that you are looking for a tool that lets you, gift recipients, directly from Qualtrics!I would like to introduce you to Xoxoday Plum- Qualtrics Integration in the Qualtrics marketplace. 
Now, send gifts to incentivize survey panelists with Plum for Qualtrics! With 21,000+ reward options from over 100+ countries, now allow your panelists to redeem their reward points on our extensive global catalog which includes gift cards, experiences, and more.
You will also receive 100% refunds on reward links that are not redeemed hence saving you costs!
To know more about the integration, visit https://www.qualtrics.com/marketplace/xoxoday-plum-integration/

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Wouldn't this result in connecting the email ids to the responde IDs?

Leave a Reply