Is it possible to superimpose text or an image onto another image? | XM Community
Question

Is it possible to superimpose text or an image onto another image?

• 28 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I am new to Qualtrics and am building an experiment where participants will view several statements that are to be superimposed on different background images. I've yet to figure out how to superimpose text onto a background image. I tried uploading the text as a jpeg, but I was not able to superimpose that onto a background image either. I have considered superimposing the statements and backgrounds elsewhere, saving them as separate images, and then uploading those to my survey. However, to do so would be very tedious and likely inefficient since I have 40 statements and 20 background images and I hope to randomize (or counterbalance in some way) the statement/background pairings.
I do not have any coding experience, but I am willing to learn if necessary. I apologize if this is an ignorant question. Any help is appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Yes, use html something like:

Text superimposed over image

See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/background for information on configuring background image.

Thank you so much, TomG! I will try this out this week and provide an update.

Leave a Reply