Solved

Increase size of box in Constant Sum

• 26 June 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 45 replies
Does anyone know how to increase the size (displayed online) of the Constant Sum Question? We are using it to record high dollars and it hides most of the numbers. We want to use this question type if possible.
icon

Best answer by TomG 27 June 2018, 19:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Look here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @TomG said:
> Look here.

Hey Tom, Thanks for the quick reply. We were able to get that to work on one of our constant sum questions, but the other is actually a matrix with a constant sum selected under the matrix type option. So, the code doesn't work for that particular circumstance. Any other ideas for that situation?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@JenF,

I’ve never had that need so haven’t looked into it. Depending on the question it seems like space may be an issue, especially on mobile. You may have to deal with both field and column widths. Use the browser’s inspect feature to figure out what needs to be changed.
Hi all,

I have used the recommended script as advised above and changed the 75px
and added in a large number where it says input width and although it has accepted the script it is not working. It does not display more than 4 numbers
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function() {
var inputWidth = "75px";
$(this.questionId).select('.SumInput').each(function(name, index) {
name.style.width = inputWidth;
});
$(this.questionId).select('.SumTotal').each(function(name, index) {
});
$(this.questionId).select('.InputText').each(function(name, index) {
});
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have this same request. I would appreciate if Qualtrics could make the text boxes in the Constant Sum item type each a draggable text box, similar to the text response boxes and form fields. If anything like this is in the works, it might be helpful to make the column sizes adjustable as well. This would address an issue raised in another thread regarding the excessive spacing between each field and the response box. This would be a much better solution instead of requiring custom coding, which can be hit or miss as others have mentioned above.

Badge

Hello @klounsbury! This would make a great product idea! If you have not yet already, we’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category right here on the community! If you have any questions about how Product Ideas works, be sure to check out our guidelines.😀

Badge +1

Hello,
Is there a way to make the constant sum, vertical, with total, boxes larger? If a respondent is entering numbers in the millions, they only see around 4 of the numbers at a time.

Thanks.

Leave a Reply