How to set up bulk IP address restriction for log-in? | XM Community
Solved

How to set up bulk IP address restriction for log-in?

• 30 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,
I am new to Qualtrics and would like to know how to set IP address restriction in bulk.
What I want to achieve: Users can only log in to Qualtrics if they are coming from a certain IP address
The method that I know now: In the manage user setting, I could click on each user and override their IP address settings one by one
Problem of the method above: It is not possible to set IP restriction for every single users when I have large number of employees
What I want to know: Any method that would allow me to set IP address for log-in in bulk?
Please kindly advice.
Regards,
Faye

icon

Best answer by MichelleC 5 August 2020, 15:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

fayelam , is this for a range of IP addresses? If not, how many are you talking about? Might be possible to use a Branch at the beginning of your survey with the GeoIP set to your range or a Contains option. You could branch those that meet the condition to the survey and those that don't to the End of the Survey.

Badge

MichelleC Thank you for your reply. I do not have the exact condition yet but most likely just one IP address. Something like only employees who are accessing the survey through our company IP address are able to answer.
I just checked the branch setting of GeoIP it seems that it can only limit the Geographic location but not an exact IP address. Please let me know if I misunderstand.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hmmm, I see. Are you going to be using an anonymous survey link or a Contact list? If you were using a Contact list, you could add the IP address in as field and then use that as the Authenticator field, I think.
The nice thing about Qualtrics is there is usually more than one way to get stuff done.
If you're using an anonymous survey link, you could just delete or not use any of the data gathered from other IPs. After your survey is complete, just filter on the IP that they should have used, and deprecate the rest.
Just ideas! I hope something here helps! 🤗

Leave a Reply