Javascript within a question to send the results of the survey based on answer selected | XM Community
Solved

Javascript within a question to send the results of the survey based on answer selected

• 30 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello Everyone,
I'm not a coder and am really hoping the members of this community might be able to provide some assistance.
I have a survey for which I need to send the report for each individual submission to the person whose name was selected from a dropdown menu. For example if Amanda is selected in question 1, an email of the report for this submission should be sent to Amanda. There could be up to 10 different names in that dropdown menu to whom the email could go to based on the item selected but it is only one recipient per selection and only one option can be selected per survey.
I'm not finding any way to do this on the front end so I was wondering if it was possible to make this happen by adding Javascript to the question itself. Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you for your time and insights,
alealbright

icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 30 July 2020, 18:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This seems like a pretty straight forward use of the Email Action. In your survey, click Actions at the top and explore around there.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/email-task/

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thank you, Akdashboard! That did the trick.
Have a great day,
alealbright

Leave a Reply