How to pass values from a Qualtrics survey via a JSON script to a URL using web services? | XM Community
Solved

How to pass values from a Qualtrics survey via a JSON script to a URL using web services?

• 28 June 2018
  • 3 replies

I am trying to get values from the user (via text entry, drill-down, multiple choice) and pass it as piped text in the JSON script to a URL by making a POST request. Upon clicking 'Test URL', it throws error and does not take the piped text as input. However, on passing actual values directly in the JSON, I get the correct results. I would like to know if there is any other way to do this.
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 6 August 2018, 22:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @Madhu! I'm glad you got this working when you actually took your survey! I believe the 'Test URL' function threw errors and did not take the piped text as input because it did not yet have the answer recorded for your piped text. Without taking the survey, there would be no recorded answers to use as piped text, which is why taking the survey resolved your issue!
Hi @LaurenK ! Thank you for the response. Much appreciate your time.

I see what you're saying, that totally makes sense. However, along with the errors, I do get answers when I test the URL. Also, when I take the survey, it returns the same result (embedded data recorded from testing the URL) for all different input values. It is supposed to return different result for different survey inputs. I know this because I'm testing the JSON and URL in POSTMAN as I input different values in the survey. It is working in POSTMAN but not in qualtrics survey. Please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @Madhu! Thanks for following up! It sounds like this could be an issue in regards to the format used for POSTMAN vs. the Qualtrics web service. You'll want to make sure you put each parameter in a row using dot notation. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to our Integrations team!

Leave a Reply