How do you update all employees metadata | XM Community
Question

How do you update all employees metadata

• 3 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Everytime I try to do a mass update on employee metadata (our own company info, like location, or anything else we have added), i always ended up getting duplicates. How do you go about updating this information and where should I be doing that update?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Use ContactID to update the already existing usres in directory.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/28573#Comment_28573When I export my contact list there's indeed a column named "ContactId" (notice the lowercase 'd'), but when re-uploading it Qualtrics still creates duplicates. Would you know what's happening here?

Badge +1

I just spent an hour trying to figure this out. I realized that the lowercase "d" is the problem. Even though that is how qualtrics exports the file, it should be an uppercase "D". When I changed the column to ContactID, qualtrics recognized it as the unique ID and did not create duplicates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can also check the XM Directory -> "Directory setting" -> De-duplication section.
Automatic Deduplication | Based on whichever option you choose, it will apply the de-duplication on that field. Please take a look.

Leave a Reply