Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Filtering using answers to multiple-choice questions

GraceKane
GraceKane WarwickshireCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭
edited June 22 in Stats iQ

I have a survey with several mutiple choice questions in which multiple answer selection is allowed (i.e. "Select all of the following that apply to you...").

Although I can see a spread of answer counts for each, I can't seem to do any further analysis in StatsiQ. There are two things I'd like to be able to do:

1. Filter or relate by answer - e.g. filter out the subset of participants who chose option B (regardless of what other options they chose in the question) and/or find whether there's any relationship between choosing option B and other variables in the study
  2. Find relationships between multiple choice answers in the same question (e.g. how many participants who chose B also chose C)?

There seems to be very little way to do this in StatsiQ - my first thought was to create a new variable based on answer type but it won't let me!

Any advice? Or would I have to redo the survey in a different way?

Answers

• MichelleC
    MichelleC East Lansing, MIFounding Community Member, Community Member Sage ✭✭✭

I might be misunderstanding your question, but would the filters in the Reports tab work for this? They seem infinitely variable. ????