Filtering a dashboard page using embedded data field | XM Community
Question

Filtering a dashboard page using embedded data field

• 5 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I'm a newbie to this Community, so please be gentle.
I was able to create a filter on one of my dashboard pages and selected an Embedded Field (for ethnicity) that pulls from a Contact List I uploaded. Now I want that filter to give me a drop down box of the 8 choices that are present in that embedded field.
However, when I'm using the dashboard and select that Filter, it only gives me an open text box to type in the ethnicity I'm wanting to see. This is problematic because the values for that embedded field are long and the text box will only accept an exact match (e.g., I can't type in "Hawaiian", I have to type "Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander").
How do I fix this issue?

3 replies

Badge

You would have to change the "field type" for the ethnicity field. If you change the field type to a "text set" then it should give you the dropdown filters you are looking for. Hope this helps!

Badge

Ah, this may have to do with what type of data is useable by a gauge chart. In the link below it says that gauge charts are only available for numeric data. https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/reports-module/results-section/visualizations/charts/gauge-chart/

Leave a Reply