Response export historical data | XM Community
Question

Response export historical data

• 19 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello Qualtrics community and team,
I have a couple of questions regarding the Qualtrics Survey Response file through export API:

1. I exported the survey response files, but it only pulled one month of data. Does the response export file only capture one month worth of data? If yes, is there a way to pull the historical data?

2. If a person takes the same survey again on different time (whether to complete the survey or to begin new survey), will the ResponseID remain the same for that person?

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

1. I exported the survey response files, but it only pulled one month of data. Does the response export file only capture one month worth of data? If yes, is there a way to pull the historical data? -> It depends on the parameter value passed while creating response export

2. If a person takes the same survey again on different time (whether to complete the survey or to begin new survey), will the ResponseID remain the same for that person? -> No, the response ID changes every time a new response session is recorded irrespective of the person.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/29322#Comment_29322Hi,
I used the field {"startDate" : "2018-01-01T14:25:01Z"} while creating the response export, but still the data is missing starting from or '>' that date. Do I need to use any other fields in the parameter to get the historical data?
Thank you

Leave a Reply