Score Reports and Automatic Emails | XM Community
Question

Score Reports and Automatic Emails

• 26 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am using scoring/piped text features to show participants their scores on the last page of the assessment (i.e. "You got 3 out of 8 questions right in category X." with 3 being automatically generated from the scoring). I also have graphs incorporated using display logic (i.e. a bar graph showing 3/8 would show for this participant). I want to give participants the option to have this emailed to them as well, but I cannot collect emails (or other identifying data).
Is there a way to either not save their emails but still send an automatic email?
Or is there a way to automatically save each respondents scores (i.e. "You got 3 out of 8 questions right in category X." with 3 being automatically generated) " - maybe as a pdf? I would ideally like each respondents score to save as a pdf in a folder (we will have ~400 responses so downloading each one would be time consuming).
The respondents will be entering their participant ID so that would need to be included to differentiate between respondents.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

1. Sending email without storing emails: If you have API access, on your account then you can use update embedded data API once the email is sent at the survey complete event. So the working is, create a text entry question, store its data in an embedded data and make that text entry blank, before page submit. Use this embedded data to send the email and then use update embedded data API to clear embedded data, which stored email address.

2. Storing each respondent detail as PDF: Yes, this is feasible. We need to have a web hosting service for this. The working is, creating web service which will take the score from the response and save it in pdf format onn server. Need help in setting this up, please send me the private mesage.

Hi morganm. Could you describe more how you were able to create graphs incorporated with display logic? I would love to have scoring graphs included in the response report that is sent out for my survey.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

rondev
Sending email without storing emails: 
I'm looking for this option in my survey where I need to send a results report after the survey is completed. I have asked for the email address at the end of the survey via a text entry question in order to send the respondent a report. But due to GDPR compliance, I should not be saving the email address in Qualtrics. So when we do this, the email gets saved as data in the background. What will be the best option for this. I have API access, but I have never used it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have a similar situation. Respondents are using an anonymous link and we don't want to collect email addresses. And, we want to give the respondents a score without the questions showing.
It would be perfect if we had a option to just show the score at the end of the survey -- without all the questions.
Anyone have thoughts on this? Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

LHaynes You can show the score at the end of the survey in a customized "End of Survey Message" in Survey Flow. You can use piped text to show the score there.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Fantastic! That works perfectly!! Thank you, @Psarma 🙂 - Linda

Leave a Reply