Best way to use a clickable graphic as the selection action for a question? See image | XM Community
Solved

Best way to use a clickable graphic as the selection action for a question? See image

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

How do I use the action of clicking a graphic (see below) and have that be the only be the only action possible for a question? I have tried a few question types and cannot quite get the result I am looking for? I simply just want somebody to have the option to click this image (as the only option in the question and no other clicks) and then that action would be like a question selection that can be used in logic or even like hitting the next or submit button at the end of a block? I would just make this an end of block custom text button, but I want it to be an optional selection. This one might be simple, but I was playing around with a few question types and couldn't figure it out. Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit_Application_Button_darkgreen.png

icon

Best answer by TomG 31 August 2020, 18:25

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You could use a multi-select multiple choice question with one choice.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

TomG Thanks TomG ! Any ideas on how to get the image I created to be used as the choice selection? The answer choices don't have anything like RichContent or HTML editor and that selection box is kind of funky looking in the question. I guess beggars can't be choosers though. : )

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You can add html directly to the choice text. Also, if you click on the choice, then click the arrow to the right there are options for Rich Content or Insert Graphic.
The selection box is based on the theme. You could change the layout from 'Flat' to 'Classic' but it would change the entire survey. Alternatively, you could put your graphic at the bottom of the question text, then use JS to hide the QuestionBody (the choice), and attach an event handler to the image so that when it is clicked it toggles the choice. However, you would need to add something to indicate if it was checked or unchecked (two images, a shaded box around the image, etc.).

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

I probably would have used the heat map question type.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Tonkatoy95 How you do a 1 click action on a heatmap?

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Add a region and change the shape to include the entire image. Then select custom validation and choose the "RegSelect". The area where a question would go; just delete the default wording and hit your space bar. I would make the question label be "image" or "submit". Hope that helps.

This is pretty late to the party but I came across this trying to do something similar. In the Multiple Choice options, there is an option for "single answer, column graphic" that I think would achieve what you want to do.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Craig_Fowler Thanks Craig. How do you get the multiple choice answer to be clicked on as a graphic and not a graphic with a choice radio button next to it?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

image.png
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/29733#Comment_29733Is there a way to change the background colour of the button so it blends in? Ie. make it white

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/43671#Comment_43671A better solution is to change the image background from white to transparent.
You can change the background color of the labels (.Skin label.MultipleAnswer), but then you'll probably need to change them for hover and selection too.

Leave a Reply