Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Is it possible to have text blocks in email tasks based on response answers?

andmayfi
andmayfi Community Member - Trial User Qubie ✭
edited August 2020 in Custom Code

Say I have a link I want to display only if someone chooses a specific answer in question 1. Is that doable?

Answers

• TomG
    TomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

There are two ways to approach this:

1. You can have separate emails triggers for different conditions.
    2. You can set and embedded field to contain different text based upon the answer to a question in the survey flow, then pipe the embedded field into the email.
  • andmayfi
    andmayfi Community Member - Trial User Qubie ✭

When trying to set an embedded field all I see is the ability to put the value of the selected responses into the embedded data. Say someone picks Housing in the example question below. I would need to include the housing website url.

Example Question:

1.     I would like to be connected to the resources in the following areas:

Coursework (How to study, time management, writing papers, tutoring services)  

Culture Centers (drop down appears if clicked on)

Dining

Diversity and Inclusion resources

Financial management techniques

Getting involved on campus

Getting involved in the Bloomington Community

Housing

International Student Services and Programming

Mental Health and Well-being

Religious Life

Safety

Other: 

• TomG
    TomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

In your survey flow you would have a branch and embedded data block that looks something like:

<Branch: If Question Q1  Housing Is Selected
        Embedded Data: housing_url = <a href='https://mywebsite.com/housing.html'>Housing</a>

Then you can pipe ${e://Field/housing_url} into your email trigger. It will be blank if housing wasn't selected or a link to the url if it was selected.