How to add details from external source and link to a key/ID in the survey? | XM Community
Question

How to add details from external source and link to a key/ID in the survey?

• 7 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there!
I have a survey for agent performance and each response is linked to an agent identifier (number/letter string unique per agent, for exampe: 5sx0000fhp). Long story why we don't pipe in the agent name but it is not part of the embedded data / available data fields in the survey.
I have a report/csv file that contains the agent identifier and the correpsonding agent name (along with other attributes such has division/team, etc.)
What's the best way to link the survey responses to the agent name to show these in a Dashboard so I can make things like leaderboards with names instead of agent numbers?
I tried uploading the report/csv file as a survey and added it as a data source to the Dashboard but that wasn't linking to the survey responses.
TIA,
Carla

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

As per my understanding, there has to be one common field between survey data and the agent information file to link it which is called primary key.
If there is no information related to agent in your survey data then how do we link agent details to survey data.
You need to find out primary key between these two data to link it.

Thanks Appzk.. so if I had an agent id # in the survey data and the agent id # and agent name in an csv..
could I then upload that csv as another survey project
add it as a data source into the same dashboard as the survey data..
then that would allow me to display the agent names linked to survey data in widgets?? :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

If there is a agent number in your survey data.
You can recode the agent number with the name either in dashboard or create a custom field in "Data & Analaysis" and call out that variable in dashboard.

Hahah thanks! is this recoding one by one? there are 100s of them and forever changing.... so might not be the most efficient wya :(

Leave a Reply