Best Practices for Efficiently Analyzing Loop and Merge data? | XM Community
Question

Best Practices for Efficiently Analyzing Loop and Merge data?

• 28 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I have a survey where respondents are sent through a loop and merge for 2 out of 10 possible options. However, when I've tried to analyze data this 1) creates hundreds of duplicative columns in excel, and 2) doesn't show which option was looped through in statsiq, crosstab, and other options (and the questions are duplicated again).
I'm wondering if there are any ways to make this data quick and reliable to analyze? Such as flattening the duplicate questions, identifying which option each respondent actually answered for, creating an unpivoted view (a row per question), or any other suggestions? It seems like an easy survey will require many hours to transform the data into a state where it can actually be analyzed, there has to be a better way.

2 replies

Hi, following-up on this.

I'm trying to use the analysis tools within Qualtrics, but none of the options can handle loop and merge questions.
I'm looking to build a table which has a row for each loop option, and a column for each question choice. As it stands now, it appears like I'd have to create duplicate tables for each loop option and question combination, whereas I'd expect to only create a new table for each question.

Any advice on this?

Badge

I'm also having a lot of trouble for this. Both Qualtrics' own analysis tools, as well as exporting to a spreadsheet make it extremely hard (if not impossible) to analyze Loop & Merge data :(

Leave a Reply