Question Randomization in Chunks? | XM Community
Question

Question Randomization in Chunks?

• 21 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone! I am creating a survey on Qualtrics where each of the questions is followed by a subsequent question, and the subsequent question is dependent on the option that the participant selected for the previous question. I am using the Display Logic feature for that.
So, as an example, let's say for Question 1, people can choose Answer A or Answer B. If they choose Answer A, they next question they answer will be Question 1A, but if they choose Answer B, they will be directed to Question 1B.
The problem is, I also want to randomize the order of the questions, while making sure that each question is IMMEDIATELY followed by its follow-up question and their adjacency is not disrupted. I couldn't figure out a way of doing this, as the randomization seems to randomize everything. Can I keep the questions and their follow-up questions as small unified chunks and randomize these chunks? I would appreciate it very much if someone could offer a solution. (Solutions that would require me to use a special piece of code etc. are welcome as well. So far I have been using built-in features of Qualtrics without venturing into the coding domain, but I am happy to do that if it is necessary.)
Thanks so much in advance for your help!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Take a look at brach logic and display logic. They should get the job, as described, without using custom code.

Leave a Reply