How to track the sender-receiver relationship? | XM Community
Question

How to track the sender-receiver relationship?

• 23 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone!
I am doing a project for my Network Science class. I will prepare a questionnaire about attending lectures online due to covid19. Also, in the ending message, I will ask people to send this questionnaire to their friends. I want to get the data of sender-receiver relationship like A sends this questionnaire to 5 friends, I want to know A is a friend with these 5 people, etc etc. I want to know how can I implement a system like that? Thank you for your time and have a nice day

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can add a custom parameter to your survey URL and then use that as an embedded data. See this link for details.
You can either create such URLs for each first degree respondent, and then assume that every response corresponding to the same embedded data value is at second degree. The custom URLs can either be generated using the Qualtrics contacts/email sender or you can create your own links and then send them via a software like winautomation or blastula.
However, if you are looking for propagation beyond the second degree. You'll need to ask each respondent for an identifier, it could be anything email id, last 5 digits of mobile etc. Use something like this method to share surveys on social media and append this identifier to the survey URL with a parameter like

refId
. Furthermore, you can also create restrictions in such a way that only those responses where the
refId
is not empty can take the survey.

Leave a Reply