Odd thing with my directory | XM Community
Question

Odd thing with my directory

• 8 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I do consutling work and have a client who has the new XM directory; it's different than the old contact list setup in previous versions.

Anyway, here's what's happening.
In the past when I created a manual contact list for testing email distributions of a survey, I could do as many tests as I wanted. And each list would be stored as a contact list with ONLY what I put in it.
What I'm seeing now is that if I make a contact list and put in a new embedded data variable (like a language code for testing), if I later put in a NEW MANUAL LIST, and do NOT put in a language code (or anything else), it will add the code used in a previous list using the same emails. So, if put in a test in spansih for doe.john@abc.com, and then do another manual list for the same email WITHOUT the language, it's putting the language in anyway.
Has anyone else seen this or have an explnation for it?

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

In XM Directory contacts are global. So, if you set a contact's language that will remain their language until you change it to some other language. Uploading contacts updates the contacts' information. It doesn't replace the contacts.

Leave a Reply