Copying Report Template across Projects | XM Community
Solved

Copying Report Template across Projects

• 27 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Is there a way of copying new reports across two different Qualtrics Projects or do we create new reports everyt? If yes could you please share how could this be achieved?

Thank you in advance for any replies, recommendations that you may post.
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 27 July 2018, 14:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I don't think you can copy over reports but would love to hear if that is an option.

The closest thing I can think to do is copy the project and edit the survey (writing over questions so the connection still stays with the report) if you don't already have it built. By copying the project, the report that you have set up in the first project should come with it. But I haven't seen anything where you can pull over a report template from one project into another existing project.
Badge

I'm not sure if this is a feature that was newly implemented since this question was asked, but I figured I would leave my solution here in case anybody else comes across this topic with the same question. I was able to achieve this by exporting the original report as a QRF (File -> Export to QRF), creating a new report in the desired project/survey, and selecting the "Import from QRF" option. Qualtrics' documentation for this process can be found here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/reports-module/reports-section/paginated-reports-overview/#QRF
In my case, both surveys were structured exactly the same, with the questions ordered and numbered in the same way, and only minor changes in wording, so all of the visualizations mapped to the correct items automatically. However, I imagine that in the case of replicating a report for a differently structured survey, you would have to manually ensure that each item is linked to the appropriate question.

Leave a Reply