Question

Randomisation and Timed Questions

• 28 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a survey that acts in the following way:

1. A word is shown on the screen.

2. After 2 seconds, participants are asked to signify if the word was positive or negative with one of two key presses (I have coded this with javascript). This is a separate question as the participants should not see the word again.

I have created a block that has 50 of these timed words (questions), followed by the javascript question.
From this, I have 2 questions:
  1. How can I randomise the order of the words without losing the 2 second timing? Equally, their choice of positive or negative should remain linked to the word as it will be scored.

2. At present the Javascript code has associated the letter 'A' with positive, and 'L' with negative. Is there a way to randomise this at the start of the block (so it only happens once, not per question).

Thanks,
Chris.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

See if this is what you were aiming for. I've attached the QSF for you to customize according to your need.
The options for good and bad are randomized and so is the presentation of the words.
Word_response.qsf

Userlevel 1

Hi Ahmed,

It wasn't quite what I was looking for but the qsf file allowed me to edit it in a way that worked for me. Thanks a lot.

Leave a Reply