Add unique hyperlink to each survey | XM Community
Solved

Add unique hyperlink to each survey

• 1 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,
Is it possible to add a unique hyperlink to each survey? Is so, what would be the best way to achieve this? So I have a survey whereby the link to 'take the survey' is distributed via email, upon selection of the 'take the survey' hyperlink in the email it takes you to the survey and at the end of the survey I would like a unique hyperlink per recipient added which takes you to some other website, is this possible?
Many thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by AHammell 2 February 2021, 22:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Yes, this should be possible using embedded data & query string parameter within your forwarding URL.
Within your survey flow, add an Embedded Data element. Then, add an element called "ID" (or whatever name you want). You will need to set this ID to whatever unique number/ID that you would like to give to a given participant. If you don't have a way to do this yet, the easiest thing to do would probably be to use the Qualtrics response ID, as that is guaranteed to be unique to each respondent. Setting up the embedded data element in your survey flow would look like this:
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 4.49.07 PM.pngNext, you will need to set up a survey redirect link to the site that you would like your participants to land on. In your survey flow, add an "End of Survey" element at the end of your survey and click on "Customize". Within this menu, add your forwarding URL by selecting "Override Survey Options", "Redirect to a URL". At the end of your URL you input into this field, you will need to append "?ID=${e://Field/ResponseID}", which is a query string parameter that will forward the ID information to whatever site you're referring participants to. You'll just need to make sure that whatever site you're forwarding to has the ability to capture this information.
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 4.50.13 PM.pngAlternatively, if you do end up going the ResponseID route, you can forgo the Embedded Data field and just have your end of survey redirect URL be the following:
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 4.50.24 PM.png
That should be it! Let me know if you have any questions.

Many thanks for this, this seems to be what I am looking for. However, we are using a custom End of Survey message and I was wondering if its possible to reference an embedded data field within the end of survey message?

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Sure thing. Instead of doing a redirect, you can add a hyperlink on your end of survey message that is the same thing that I specified above.
So, for example, something like:

Thank you for taking our survey! Please click on the link below to move onto the next site.

https://mywebsite.com?ID=${e://Field/ResponseID}

Obviously replace the "https://mywebsite.com" with whatever site you want to forward them to.

Many thanks for your help

Badge

Hi, I have a question related to yours. Is qualtrics recording the data of the respondents who DO CLICK the hyperlink?

Leave a Reply