Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Why does adding a filter to a dashboard impact the displayed data even if the filter isn't selected?

Val_F
Val_F Community Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭
edited June 23 in CX Dashboards

I'm running into an issue where adding a filter at the top of the dashboard impacts the data in the dashboard widgets, even when no selection is made. Example: I have 15 responses in total. As soon as I add a filter (set to "all") for a specific question that only 10 people answered, the entire dashboard only displays data for the 10 people who responded to the filterable question. This is a huge problem for us. Do I have an incorrect setting?

Answers

• laksh07
    laksh07 Community Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭

This happens only in case of the filter which is Numeric/Number Set. Numeric/Number Set field type will filter out the dashboard as per its value range for example 0-10, whatever record is blank for that filed will be filtered out in the dashboard.

Change the filed type to Text set, the issue will be resolved.

• Val_F
    Val_F Community Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭

Thanks for the response - we've noticed that pattern too. So, when you change it to Text Set, but it really is a numeric field, do you set the Text to show numbers? Seems kludgy - Is this an error in the Qualtrics design?