How can I leverage Inline Questions in a Marketo Email? | XM Community
Solved

How can I leverage Inline Questions in a Marketo Email?

• 2 August 2018
  • 9 replies

We just added the Marketo integration to our subscription to help improve deliverablity and have less exporting and importing of data which I am happy about but we would like to use an inline question in our email. I am having difficulty getting it to work and was pointed to the community because support can't assist. Does anyone know of a simple way to add an inline question in a Marketo or third party email? I do not have much coding experience and appreciate any guidance anyone can suggest.
Thanks!
Angela
icon

Best answer by TomG 2 August 2018, 20:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I would start by creating an email invite in Qualtrics and add an inline question to it. Then switch to source mode and copy the html for the inline question and paste it into your marketo/third party template. Then adjust as needed.

The trick is getting the right survey link with the correct Q_PopulateResponse parameter for each answer option.
Thanks Tom!
Any advice on what I need to edit in this?
For example: ${q://QID7/QuestionText
a href="${l://ChoiceLink/QID7/0}
Do I use the survey link in there? How should it look?
Appreciate any help you can give!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@angelacirrone,

Qualtrics is going to replace those pipes with real text and links. So, send yourself a copy of the invite, then copy the html from the email you receive. That will show you exactly what you need in your email.
> @TomG said:
> @angelacirrone,
>
> Qualtrics is going to replace those pipes with real text and links. So, send yourself a copy of the invite, then copy the html from the email you receive. That will show you exactly what you need in your email.
>

Thanks Tom! Think simple... stupid was super relevant here. I was digging too deep!
Badge

TomG
Thanks for a super helpful advice. The links all work, however when I click on the answer option within my email I'm redirected to my survey in my browser and I still see the same question which was in the email. Is there a way to skip that question and move to the next one, so I don't answer the same question twice (once in the email and once in the browser)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/41458#Comment_41458You can add JS to the question to click the Next button if the question is already answered. If it is a single select multiple choice it would be something like:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function() {
if(jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" input:checked").length > 0) this.clickNextButton();
});

Badge

Thanks, Tom. I tried to add the JS to the question, however it didn't skip to the question.
I tried putting your code in both "/*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page loads*/" and "/*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page is fully displayed*/" .
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/41469#Comment_41469The code should replace the entire Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady function.

Badge

Awesome! It works. Thanks a lot, Tom!

Leave a Reply