Moving contacts to other directories | XM Community

Moving contacts to other directories

• 15 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We're moving from having just 2-3 people working in Qualtrics toward allowing numerous people inside, and with that we are arranging multiple directories, permissions, divisions, etc. So now we have many contacts in the default directory that we want held in various other directories we're setting up instead.
Any idea how to transfer contacts into other Qualtrics directories? I'd like not to lose the historical survey statistics from the contacts. I do see how to export contacts, with the ability to include their statistics, but when I uploaded the file into the other directory all of the statistics got treated as embedded data attributes in the new contact.
I'm worried about contact frequency counters resetting by doing an export and re-upload.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi chart ,
My organization has been in a situation like this a couple of times, and from what I understand from Support and XM Directory engineers, there's no way to move contacts to other directors and still retain their email history from the original directory. You might reach out to your customer success manager or account exec to confirm that's still the case, but that was our experience as recently as last year.

Badge +1

Thank you MatthewM. I would've thought there'd be some provision for that in the platform. I'll reach out to our CSM as you suggested, and keep my fingers crossed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi Chart,

Let us know if you find a solution.
I'm not in your situation but still want to be prepared, just in case !

Badge +1

MatthewM and ElieD I can update you that MatthewM 's experience a year ago is still the case today: you cannot transfer contacts between directories and carry over their email/survey history. Our CSM and Rep agreed it would seem to be a reasonable feature, but nothing yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I can continue to update this to 2022. Nothing has changed.

Leave a Reply