Picture is not in Data Output | XM Community
Solved

Picture is not in Data Output

• 23 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Dear Community
In my survey I included several manipulations in the form of randomized pictures, but they won't show in the Data output for SPSS. So they habe a Question number (Q2.1, Q3.1, etc.), but they are simply not listed. I need to know which person has seen which picture to make my calculation. Can you help me out?
Thank you in advance for your answers!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 24 March 2021, 19:46

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you gone through the Data Export Options support pages? Specifically the export viewing order?

Dear ahmedA
Thank you for your response. I have checked that, but it didn't help me. I think the problem is that the pictures do not come with any question, but it also does not make sense to attach one to them...

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I'm not sure I'm getting what your problem is? If you are getting the question export tags and the order, then why aren't you matching them with your questions?

Well, I still can't see which pictures out of three (Q2.1, Q2.2, Q2.3) the respondents have seen.
When I activated the order it gave me this, starting with Q3.1 again, and then showing me in which order the answers of Q3 were randomized, but not which picture there was:
image.pngCould I make it clearer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

From here I see that respondents 1,3,6,7 and 9 saw Q3.1....perhaps the others saw Q3.2 or Q3.3.
Did you limit them to see only one photo, if yes, the they saw the first one in the display order, if not then they saw all three in the order?
A few questions that will make it clearer:
1. Are you dealing with Q2 or Q3?
2. Whichever question it was, what type of a question is it?
3. There's usually a data dictionary that gets downloaded with the Spss file... Have you seen that?

Export the data in a csv format and see if you get more clarity from there.

Dear Ahmed A
Thank you very much for your help!
Let me answer to your questions:

1. Q2 are the pictures, Q3 are other questions. I justed wanted to show that I activated the order, which can be deferred from Q3. But the pictures Q2 are still not displayed.

2. It is not a question it is "static text/picture" (I hope I translated well). Let me show you below. Sorry, it's in German. So basically it is 3 Pictures (Q2.1, Q2.2, Q2.3) which are shwon randomized to the particitipants and from the data I cannot see which one they saw as the Q2.1, Q2.2, Q2.3 are not reported and it starts with Q3.1. Do I have to change the settings in the question itself?

3. No, I haven't seen the data dictionary. Where exactly I find it?

Thank you so much for trying to help me!

Test.JPG

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

In the SPSS export, select more options, then select export viewing order.
You should have a variable like Block-Name_DO (in your case Manipulationen Konzert_DO). That will have the values of either Q2.1 or Q2.2 or Q2.3.
Or you could have something like Manipulationen Konzert_DO_Q2.1, Manipulationen Konzert_DO_Q2.2... Where the values will either be 1, 2, 3 or empty. The questions with values were shown to the respondent in that order.
If its not there, because you know SPSS plays by its own rules, then download the data in the CSV format. It'll be there. You can then use the response ID and match it or just import the csv into SPSS.
This is why I had asked if you had gone through the support pages, as its all clearly explained over there.

Thank you, in the CSV it is! You are my saviour!

Leave a Reply