Exclude Matching Questions? | XM Community
Question

Exclude Matching Questions?

• 30 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello all,
I am trying to design an experiment on Qualtrics. In the first half, I am presenting participants with 2 stories from a list of 8, so I have used a randomization logic. In the second half, I am presenting participants with another set of 2 stories, from another list of 8 stories that correspond to the first list but with slightly different features. However, I do not want participants to view the corresponding story to the first half in the second half.
For example, if participants read a story about Bob from the 8 possible stories in the first half, I do not want participants to read about another story relating to Bob from the second list.
That being said, how do I exclude certain questions from the randomization list once they show up in the survey?
I have tried using a display logic, but that simply does not display the question, and so my participants would only get 1 story in the second half if one of the stories corresponded with a story from the first half. I need to ensure there are 2 stories per half.

1 reply

Badge +48

Hi mc16zv - I wanted to hop in here and sharing the following community posts that could help you get started:

If you have any follow up questions, be sure to reach out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Leave a Reply