daily automated covid pre-screen for camp | XM Community
Question

daily automated covid pre-screen for camp

• 31 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi! I have a very basic knowledge of Qualtrics and I need help! I think this should be an easy question to assist with for someone with a little more Qualtrics knowledge and experience!??
I'm a Camp Director and am using Qualtrics for our daily COVID-19 pre-screen at our day camp. We'll have about 80 kids on site each day, with a 15-minute drop off window. This year, we're trying a 'contactless' drop off, so rather than parents writing down their signature, we're hoping that completing the pre-screen will serve as their 'sign in'.

• I want the survey to automatically be emailed (I wish text was an option, but our district account doesn't allow) to parents every morning at 8am

• I see the "Actions" section allows me to set a Task where I can set up the email. I tried this (just this morning at 8:50am) and inserted a few of my own personal email accounts and didn't receive the link at 9am? Maybe this wasn't enough time to update? Or maybe it'll all work tomorrow!

• I understand I have to upload my parent email list for each new camp session (typically it's a new session per week)

• What are the other settings? (Schedule a Time' and the 'Reminder' ... these seem redundant)?

• For distribution, it seems I should use the 'personal link' within my survey to be able to track each camper/parent and follow up for completion/incompletion?

• Is there a setting to alert me by 8:45am if a parent has not completed the survey?? AKA we'll follow up with them and they don't 'slip by' and leave us with their child without having the documentation that we need

Which settings do I use to automate this process? Should I copy the survey for each new week of camp or just upload/update the contacts list? I'm open to any suggestions of how to set this up. In summary, I just want an easy way to confirm folks have completed the screening each morning, with the least amount of hassle on either end.
I apologize if I haven't provided enough info and I'm happy to provide more!
MUCH APPRECIATED🌻!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Sending Surveys: You can use actions to distribute the survey at a particular time for specific contact lists. I think you're alreday aware of this. Perhaps you didn't set the timezone correctly the last time. If the problem still persists, try the support team.
Checking Completes: You can set up an action to update the contact directory, create a field like "Completed Today" and on completion of the survey, set its value to TRUE. Now at 8:45 you can create a new distribution list of only those where the field "Completed Today" is empty and send them the survey again.
Automatic Reminders: I'm not sure how to do this via the default methods. However, it is possible using external services. If you are comfortable working with online apps, you could look at Zapier. One possible flow would be something like this:

1. Create a Google Sheet with all the email ids

2. Create an action to send Zapier the email id of the person who has just completed the survey

3. Tell Zapier to delete that email id from the Google Sheet

4. At 8:45 send a reminder to the existing emails in the Google Sheet

Leave a Reply