Creating a table of different choice buttons, requiring one choice per row | XM Community
Solved

Creating a table of different choice buttons, requiring one choice per row

• 31 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi community,
I'm in need of the ability to make a 2-column table that forces participants to choose either a button on the left or the right *for each row* and records their selection for that row. For example, it would say:
Would you rather have....
[$0] [a new pair of headphones]
[$10] [a new pair of headphones]
[$20] [a new pair of headphones]
[$30] [a new pair of headphones]
[$40] [a new pair of headphones]
I'd need to know the point at which they switched from preferring the headphones to taking the cash. It would be especially nice if, once they choose the cash for the first time, it fills down for the rest (e.g., if they take $20 over the headphones, then it auto-selects the preferences of $30 & $40 over headphones) but this is DEFINITELY nice but not necessary.
Is there a way to accomplish this basic task? It feels like a job for HTML/JS, but I don't know either. A matrix table with repeating headers won't work because I need different text for each row.

THANKS!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 31 March 2021, 17:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You can use a Matrix Profile question for the basic task.
For the auto answer part you could use JS to do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you tried the Bipolar matrix?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The Bipolar Matrix type seems to have given me what I need.
TomG, Do you have a link to any resource on using JS to fill-down the bipolar matrix?
Thanks so much to you both!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/36225#Comment_36225https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/36228#Comment_36228To clarify (in case my question didn't make sense): Do you know of any JS that would make it so as soon as someone chose the option on the left in the Bipolar Matrix, it fills down all of the rest of the answers on the left?
For instance, in this photo, as soon as the person select "I prefer $25" all of the other options below it ($30, $35....$60) get filled in.
2021-04-01 10_22_34-Preview - Online Survey Software _ Qualtrics Survey Solutions.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

I've never had this specific need, so I haven't written JS to do it. It is certainly doable.

Leave a Reply