Track link in a survey to an external page and encode with 1/0 | XM Community
Question

Track link in a survey to an external page and encode with 1/0

• 12 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Dear community,
I want to include a link to an external page in my survey (this should open in a new tab). I want to track the respondents who clicked on the link. All participants who clicked on the link should be coded with a 1. All participants who did not click on the link should be coded with a 0. In the survey flow, I have included an embedded data at the appropriate question:
Qualtrics 1.pngIn addition, I have already tried the following code in JavaScript, but unfortunately it does not work.
Qualtrics 2.pngDoes anyone have any further suggestions for me on how I can solve the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is most likely being caused by the question HTML not being setup properly. Check to see if you've assigned the id extLink to your external link.

Thanks ahmedA. But I'm sorry, I do not understand your answer properly. Can you please explain exactly where I can look in the survey for your suggestion? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

In your question HTML (see the support pages to find out how to access it) there will be an anchor tag some like this

Change it to:

Leave a Reply