Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Customizing scale points in horizontal graphic slider.

MissyP
MissyP Oregon, USACommunity Member Qubie ✭
edited May 3 in Custom Code

Hi.

I'm trying to add the ladder scale to my survey... which is on a 10 point scale.

I'm not opposed to using the horizontal bar slider as a substitute, but this only has the options of being a 3, 5 or 9 point scale.

Is there an easy Java Script to customize it to a 10 point scale?

Thank you so much for any help,

Missy

Best Answer

• faris
    faris New York, NYCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Guru ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Honestly, there's not an easy way to do this.

1. The Graphic Slider question is hard-coded with 9 choices
    2. The Graphic Slider question is uses distinct images for each choice, so someone would need to create a 10th image.

To achieve what you're describing, you would likely need extensive Javascript code that sits on top of another question type and essentially creates a replica of the graphic slider question from scratch, using 10 images that you would need to provide.

You may consider using the traditional Slider, which can be configured.

For example: Choices = 1, Max Value = 10, Gridlines = 10, & 'Snap to Grid' enabled.

Answers

• MissyP
    MissyP Oregon, USACommunity Member Qubie ✭

Thank you for your answer Farmaly! I did see the traditional slider... but since it is horizontal it doesn't look much like a ladder. But seriously, thank you for breaking this down for me! Before proceeding in a different direction, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't giving up too easily.