Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Randomly allocating each respondent to one out of 2 branch options

eyalh
eyalh IsraelCommunity Member Qubie ✭
edited June 23 in Survey Platform

Hi!

I want to create two different possible survey flows, and that every person that takes the survey will be randomly allocated to one of those flows. I tried to think about how it can be done but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks, Eyal.

Best Answer

• mbauwens
    mbauwens BelgiumCommunity Member Qubie ✭
    edited April 27 Accepted Answer

Hi Eyal,

In your Survey Flow, you can add a Randomiser which randomly presents 1 element to the user while trying to evenly present the different flows across all users.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/randomizer/

These elements would then be your two possible survey flows. I would use Groups after the Randomiser in order to group multiple questions.

What I also advise is to add an embedded data variable so you can very easily keep track how many respondents were assigned to which flow. For example "surveyflow = A" in group A, "surveyflow = B" in group B. Then you can also Edit the Count once in a while to account for respondents not finishing the survey and therefore skewing the even distribution of the flows (should this be necessary).

In a nutshell:

Randomiser presents 1 of the following 2 elements (evenly): Group A or B

• Group A
      • set embedded data "surveyflow = A" (optional)
      • Question 1
      • Question 2
    • Group B
      • set embedded data "surveyflow = B" (optional)
      • Question 1
      • Question 2

Answers

• eyalh
    eyalh IsraelCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Thanks a lot! That's a great solution.