Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

How can participants create their own identifier code?

Tahlia123
Tahlia123 Community Member Qubie ✭
edited June 23 in Survey Platform

Hi there,

For my study, I need pre-, mid- and post-intervention measures that I need to match up student responses so I can see if there are improvements. However, because my study is with adolescents I want them to be able to create their own code (e.g. with the structure INITIALS/BIRTHDAY/SCHOOL INITIALS, so mine would, for example, be TC19121998FU) so that they have better chance of remembering it - I will have a couple hundred respondents so it isn't practical for me to assign codes nor answer a hundred emails of students who have forgotten their code. How do I make my survey so that students can create their own code and each response comes under this code so I can

Thank you

Answers

• ahmedA
    ahmedA IndiaCommunity Member, XMPN Member Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

In the first survey, you can ask them to create the codes, then use actions to update this code into some field in the XM directory.

From the second survey onwards, use an authenticator based on email and this new field.