fixed and randomized blocks

Anakilab
Anakilab Community Member Qubie ✭
edited July 13 in Survey Platform

Hi,

I have 75 blocks, each one of them contains a picture and three questions.

I need to randomize all of the blocks and to show at the half-point a fixed block of resting.

How can I combine randomized and fixed blocks?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• ahmedA
    ahmedA IndiaCommunity Member, XMPN Member Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@betulz07 If it's only two, then you can do the following in the survey flow:

1. Randomizer with both story blocks. Show only 1
    2. Break block
    3. Story block A inside a branch with the condition: Question in A has not been displayed
    4. Story block B inside a branch with the condition: Question in B has not been displayed

Another way of going about this can be seen here: https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/38672#Comment_38672

Answers

• AlexandreLeduc
    AlexandreLeduc Québec, CanadaCommunity Member Qubie ✭

I don't know if that would solve your issue but you could do a first section with 37 randomized blocks, than you resting block and then another section with 38 randomized blocks.

• betulz07
    betulz07 RochesterCommunity Member Qubie ✭

I have a similar question.

I have 2 stories that I want to present to children in a randomized order but I want a resting block between the stories. So the stories can be randomized (Story A presented first and then Story B and vice versa) but there should be a resting block between the stories no better the order.

I couldn't find a solution so the best I could do is add in the block after the end of each story or play with the display logic but this a bit tedious as I have multiple conditions and cells.

If there is an easier way to do it?

Sign In to Comment

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!