fixed and randomized blocks | XM Community
Solved

fixed and randomized blocks

• 30 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,
I have 75 blocks, each one of them contains a picture and three questions.
I need to randomize all of the blocks and to show at the half-point a fixed block of resting.
How can I combine randomized and fixed blocks?
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 5 July 2021, 09:53

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

I don't know if that would solve your issue but you could do a first section with 37 randomized blocks, than you resting block and then another section with 38 randomized blocks.

I have a similar question.
I have 2 stories that I want to present to children in a randomized order but I want a resting block between the stories. So the stories can be randomized (Story A presented first and then Story B and vice versa) but there should be a resting block between the stories no better the order.
I couldn't find a solution so the best I could do is add in the block after the end of each story or play with the display logic but this a bit tedious as I have multiple conditions and cells.
If there is an easier way to do it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

betulz07 If it's only two, then you can do the following in the survey flow:

1. Randomizer with both story blocks. Show only 1

2. Break block

3. Story block A inside a branch with the condition: Question in A has not been displayed

4. Story block B inside a branch with the condition: Question in B has not been displayed

Another way of going about this can be seen here: https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/38672#Comment_38672

Badge

I'm trying to do something similar.
I've got 5 'experimental' blocks that I want to present in a random order but I also have an attention-check block that I want to always be presented 3rd.
Is there a way to randomise the 5 questions 'around' the fixed attention check?
I was thinking of having 2 randomisers, both containing all 5, and the first one only presents 2 and the second presents 3 but excludes whichever 2 were already presented - is there a way to do that?

Leave a Reply