How to deal with the API telling me to use a different data center? | XM Community
Question

How to deal with the API telling me to use a different data center?

• 10 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have been trying to set up a process in Integromat to export my responses automatically, and the API keeps giving me the following very weird error with export-responses:

The operation failed with an error. [400] Cannot download response export file through datacenter proxing, please retry using the url of the datacenter the API user belongs to: co1.qualtrics.com

It's weird because:
  1. this data center doesn't exist anymore (supposedly) and has been replaced by iad1 (which is my data center)

2. changing the data center from iad1 to co1 produces the same error

3. changing the data center to uci.co1... or uci.iad1... (which I saw suggested in an old thread) produces the same error.

4. when I use the "Try It" function in the API reference pages, I don't get the error when I use iad1, my actual data center.

This error was discussed in another thread three years ago, but the resolution (switching to co1) doesn't work, and I assume things have changed in the API since then, too.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a newbie with all of this, and I've been slamming head on my desk.
Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Hey gideunz ,

I tried the response export API with a survey hosted on co1 data center and it worked. I used the following request URL:
https://co1.qualtrics.com/API/v3/surveys/{surveyId}/export-responses
Tried this in postman.

Leave a Reply