Email respondant copy of personalised results | XM Community
Solved

Email respondant copy of personalised results

Hi!
I've been building a self-assessment tool for my organisation that asks users to rate their confidence in a number of areas, and then uses display logic based on their responses to output a page identifying their strengths (as text/graphic question types), and a page recommending training resources to address their weaknesses (also as text/graphic question types).
I'd like to know if there is a way to pipe their personalised strengths and recommendations into an email that will be sent to them? In a previous version of the tool, respondants were sent an email upon completion with a link that allowed them to return to the survey and view their personalised results that way, but I was hoping it would be possible to include them directly in an email. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 17 May 2021, 15:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi DanRyan ,
Yes, look into Email Tasks under Actions. You could set up a separate Action for each set of strengths and recommendations based off of conditions created from their survey responses.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/37364#Comment_37364Looks promising. Will have a play around. Would the seperate actions send seperate emails?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Yes, a separate Action would have to be set up for each different condition-based message you want to send. So the larger the number of unique messages you need to send, the more tedious it becomes. However, Qualtrics does allow Actions to be copied, so if the differences between each Action are minor (just tweaking the conditions and/or message) it simplifies the creation process.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/37369#Comment_37369Thanks. So just to confirm, if the tool produced 20 unique messages (e.g. 10 strengths and 10 weaknesses) the only way to do it would be to send the respondant 20 individual emails?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

No, you could set up Actions with messages for each possible combination of strengths and weaknesses.

Leave a Reply