Why isn't Create a new Response (API call) triggering my on response created action. | XM Community
Question

Why isn't Create a new Response (API call) triggering my on response created action.

• 20 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I have created an action to send some piped text information from Qualtrics to my external API when a new response is created.
However when creating a new response using the API call Create new Response https://sjc1.qualtrics.com/API/v3/surveys/{surveyId}/responses from my application it does not trigger the action. I am packaging "finished": 1 and "progress": 100 into the values object (alongside my question and answer values) that gets passed through in case that was what the system is expecting to see to trigger the action, but still no luck. Is there some specific piece of information or implementation strategy that is required for this action to trigger via API call that isn't mentioned anywhere in the docs?

Thanks - Jed

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

JParry - Actions seem to not trigger when responses are created using API. I have experienced such behaviour in the past.

Leave a Reply