Enable respondents to add items | XM Community
Question

Enable respondents to add items

Hi, I'd like to give respondents the option to add items to the survey, which will then be presented to respondents afterwards. i.e., respondents can enter a new item, and this item will be integrated into the survey immediately and presented to the next respondent.
http://www.allourideas.org offers such a feature. Is there a way to integrate allourideas into Qualtrics, or does Qualtrics have such a feature itself?
Thank you!

2 replies

Yes, you can do this.
All you need to do is
Add a text entry question or form field question(where respondents will enter their texts).
Click on the question texts where you want the selected options to be displayed.
Pipe in the entry value. (Piped text--> Survey Question--> Select the question from which you want the options to display--> select the option field.
Thank you.

Thank you f_inamdar. This is useful, but only poses the entries to the same respondent.
I am aiming to create a pool of items that grows as more and more respondents contribute to it.
Example:
[Multiple choice question]: "Who is the best footballer in the world?"

• Ronaldo

• Messi

• Other [Text entry]

Respondent A choses Other and enters "Benzema".
###
Now, I want "Benzema" as an option to be presented to Respondent B. Respondent B should be displayed:
[Multiple choice question]: "Who is the best footballer in the world?"
  • Ronaldo

• Messi

• Benzema

• Other [Text entry]

By this, respondents could contribute to a growing list of items. Would that be possible somehow?

Thank you!

Leave a Reply