Invitation Email doesn't arrive with the custom code | XM Community
Question

Invitation Email doesn't arrive with the custom code

Badge

Hello,
I did a few configurations in the source code in Qualtrics in order to ensure I had a button/box on my survey invitation link (please see imagem_codigo).
Everything seems fine in Qualtrics, when I’m trying to send the survey invitation (please see imagem_1). However, when I receive nothing appears as it was showing in Qualtrics (please see imagem_2).

How came this is happening? Why everything appears super cool in Qualtrics and then I end up receiving something completely different? It’s like he is ignoring all configurations for the parts that have links.
IMAGEM_1.pngIMAGEM_2.pngIMAGEM_CODIGO.pngThank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Catiarloureiro - Most email service providers don't render custom CSS included in the email body. That is why the button is not displayed.
You should instead use an actual button image in Qualtrics and place the survey link behind it.

Badge

Hello Mishraji,
Thank you for your help!
However, if I include a button image, when my users receive the email they won't be able to see it (due to Outlook security bloquing them).
Every image I include on this invitation email appears in Outlook with a red cross and it's only displayed if the user chooses to download the image.
I'm afraid this will diminsh even more the response rate + increase the feeling it's a SPAM email.
This means that, no matter what I include in the source code of the invitation email, it will never be displayed in the users mailbox, correct?

Have a great day!

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Catiarloureiro - yes, outlook does that. 🙂
I had a similar issue on a project and was forced to use an image instead. But I think there are ways to get around this. You might want to google for available solutions.

Leave a Reply