Random Value same for 2 Treatments | XM Community
Solved

Random Value same for 2 Treatments

• 28 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,
because of the global pandemic I can't do a physical experiment for my thesis. Therefore I will be using Qualtrics to set up an experiment. However, I am pretty new to Qualtrics. I have founf my way in the Survey Platform to almost get what I want. One question remains to me.
In the experiment, people will be randomized to either treatment 1 or treatment 2. Both treatments will be Auction formats where people will be assigned random values for the good being auctioned. However, what I would really like to have is that the first person in treatment 1 gets the same random values as the first person in treatment 2, the second person in 1 the same values as the second person in 2 and so on. I can't seem to figure out how I could do that. For now, each person gets different random values with each period. (Period1_Value = ${rand://int/0:100}, Period2_Value = ${rand://int/0:100}, up till Period10_Value)
Each period the participant needs a different random value, each participant needs different random values than the other participants in the same treatment, but I would like to have that the people in treatment 2 get exactly the same random values as the people in treament 1 for a one-to-one comparison on decision making in the auction.
I hope you all understand what I mean and I am looking forward to your answers.
Melvin Uithuisje
*See picture for what I have now*
QualQuest.png

icon

Best answer by AmaraW 15 September 2021, 20:31

View original

1 reply

Badge +48

Have you considered using piped text to pull the random integer from Treatment 1 to Treatment 2? If you haven’t already, we’d recommend reviewing this support page on piped text to help you get started. If you still have questions after reviewing the linked support pages, you'll want to reach out to the Support team, as they are best equipped to help answer questions and provide support! 😁

Leave a Reply