Images in Loop & Merge | XM Community
Solved

Images in Loop & Merge

• 28 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone,
This question is slightly redundant with regard to a few others here (sorry), but the earlier questions don't seem to have the information I need:
I am trying to show a single question many times with different images above the question. I used loop & merge function for the images (this is something I have done successfully in the past--using the same code I am using now). Below are a photograph of the "preview" screen, as well as the Field1 entry for Loop & Merge.
The image URLs in the photos below are all good. I checked them. Also, I tried adding in a "/" before each ">"--it didn't change anything.
Any thoughts would be super appreciated. I've been stuck on this for ages and feel totally crazy. Thanks so much in advance!
41B8B2E1-04AA-4683-ADF3-688F1D2542E6.jpegBF2A98C9-2195-444B-96C3-D591C57BA2DA.jpeg

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 29 May 2021, 23:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Can you show you question HTML?

There are actually two parts to the study, one where participants just look at the pictures and then a later step where they answer questions about them. Here’s the code for each.

B7437FAA-97CB-4384-84BA-F1A5A66527A2.png177BBAA1-F319-415B-A939-9374527B2F61.jpeg

Oh, and thank you for your reply, ahmedA

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Your config looks fine. It should be working.
Since it's a loop and merge, you'll need to preview the entire survey and not the block for it to work.
If it's still not working, put the l&m at thr start of thr survey and share the preview link, I'll see what's going on.

Thanks, it hasn't been working with regular preview, either. Here's a preview link (I moved one of the blocks that displays pictures to the front of the flow).
https://yalesurvey.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_79vOUiywN7EMrSC?Q_CHL=preview&Q_SurveyVersionID=current

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

There is an issue with how you've formatted your L&M entries:
image.pngSee the extra quotation mark there. This usually happens when you are using excel or word. However, don't go about debugging that.
Change you L&M field to only contain the links. Make sure you paste them from a plain text editor without quotes. So each field will be just:

https://....

Change your question HTML to:

See if this works.

PS: Please don't make people go through the consent form. You could have just moved the L&M block to the top.

You were right. I took the quotes out (I had indeed copied from a word doc), and it worked! Thank you so much, and this is great to know for the future.
Sorry about not getting the relevant bit at the start of the survey, also, I forgot to click apply after making the change in the survey flow.

Leave a Reply