🌏️ Summer Travels | Badge of the Month | June 2021 | XM Community

🌏️ Summer Travels | Badge of the Month | June 2021

Badge +48

Badge of The Month, June 2021How To Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who contribute to the post with a thoughtful comment will receive a badge. Participate in this month's discussion between June 1 and June 14 to receive this badge worth 10 points.

Badge Of The Month | June 2021

Question: What is the most beautiful place that you have visited in the summer? Alternatively, tell us about a stunning location that you would like to visit in the summer?
 "Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside of me." 
— Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Last Night I Sang to the Monster
Do you feel inspired by your surroundings? As experience designers, we do. Our team is feeling rejuvenated and inspired by the beginning of summer! We are ready to dip our toes into the ocean, to be covered in sand, and to eat dinner outside while watching the summer sunset. We want to know all about the places you have visited in the summer. Where do you feel inspired by your experiences in the summer? Haven’t been there yet? That’s okay! Tell us about a place you want to experience in the summertime!

20 replies

Badge +48

Hi friends! I feel most inspired by Italy and Greece in the summer! I highly recommend visiting, if you ever get the opportunity.  I visited Positano, Mykonos, and Santorini a few years ago and am dying to return. Whenever I am feeling a little stuck design-wise, I sift through my photographs from the trip. I included a few below, in case you are a little stuck!

1889863e-c44f-4f6c-9c54-956f444d8413_rw_1920.jpeg
3c235416-0576-4cc3-bde0-52a8a90a1a9b_rw_3840.jpg59e8ce5f-a25b-4ef5-a786-437efccfdbb7_rw_3840.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There are 3 specific places that come to mind when I think about traveling in the summer. All three are close to Utah, or within driving distance, since that's where I lived for almost 2.5 years. 😊

1. Lower Calf Creek Falls by Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument

2. Moulton Barn within the Mormon Row Historic District in Teton County, Wyoming

3. Qualtrics HQ Office View in Provo, Utah (I mean look at that view)

71709172_10220541010302084_3190322185872867328_n.jpg73074805_10220540931100104_4945551053459292160_n.jpg72306055_10220540978141280_9018837873083809792_n.jpg

Userlevel 1
Badge

here is Australia, there hasn't been much travel allowed however, the place I would like to go back to soon would be to Bay of Fires in Tasmania. It is definitely my spiritual home
index.jpg

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Being in India, one of the many good places that come to my mind is Rishikesh. It is in the base of the Himalayas. Rishikesh holds deep cultural and spiritual significance.
Sacred rivers and mountains set the scene for yoga and reflective hikes.
And yes, I should say river rafting here is an absolute must. I did my first rafting here, and once in a lifetime one must do this. 3 exciting routes of rafting ranging from 9 KM to 25 KM - each with their own set of adventure.
One of the perfect places for unwinding!
I read somewhere that The Beatles got in touch with their Eastern spiritual side here, writing several songs during a 1968 stint at a local ashram.
Place I stayed there: Aloha on the Ganges
Rishikesh.jpg

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

It's just reached winter here in Australia and I'm definitely dreaming of summer! I've got a few favourite spots around Australia but I'm currently dreaming of travelling anywhere at the moment...
My next trip is off to Tasmania but that will be freezing cold and maybe even snowing in just a few short weeks. I'll keep an eye this chain for some warm inspiration though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

In India i used to visit KASOL in summers as being close to my home town, to do riverside camping.

Also i wanted to visit dublin to sit along leafy river till late in summer sunny nights.

1502858600_1200px_parvati_valley_river_kasol.jpg

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

My favourite place is the Greek island Corfu. Because I've been going there since I was a kid it's a little piece of home away from home. There's this restaurant on top of the mountain that overlooks the village and it's incredibly peaceful, with the sound of the beach and the cicadas. It's just bliss. You can really unwind and clear the brain for new ideas.

38207504_10160650945880285_1804459131352907776_n.jpeg

Badge

I visited Costa Rica 2 years ago for a photography conference/expedition. CR had been on my bucket list for a long time, and I'm passionate about photography - so it was one of the best summer trips I've ever had! A sampling of my work is below...
Costa Rican Bird.jpgCosta Rican Bird-3.jpgCosta Rican Bird-2.jpg

Badge +48

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/38026#Comment_38026jtj3I love these photos! I took the ones I posted too. Do you have a portfolio? I would love to check out more of your work 😍

Badge

I love your photos - and I love Greece! Such a beautiful place with warm and lovely people, and awesome food :-)
Why, yes - I do have a portfolio. Check it out here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

In my neck of the woods we are just starting to come out of our COVID cocoons. We've already been to see my in laws in upstate New York and have had a couple of quality pool days. No plans for travel let but definitely starting to look forward to it as things continue to open up (hopefully). Be sure to get vaccinated if you haven't already!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

The best place I've personally been in the summer is Berlin. Though it's hot, I loved all the fresh strawberries at the strawberry stands and the bars along the banks of the Spree river. And, being able to drink a cold beer in the parks is a great perk!
But this summer the most beautiful place to me is simply Minnesota, to see family I haven't seen for a year and a half.

Badge

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/37954#Comment_37954I love your photo of Moulton Barn! I have a similar shot that I took about 5 years ago and it's hanging on my wall. Arguably my favorite shot from 7 days in YNP and GTNP.

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

My most memorable summer vacation was in 2007 when my aunt and I visited San Diego. Seeing the Pacific Ocean was a huge item on my bucket list and below is a picture from that momentous day. During that trip we also visited Tucson and Tombstone in Arizona--so much fun!
Pacific Ocean.JPGThere are many places I hope to visit one day...Ireland, Maine, the Caribbean, Hawaii, Peru, Australia, Italy, Spain, and the Pacific Northwest (just to name a few). There are also many places I want to revisit...Montreal, California, Florida, NYC, and New Mexico (just to name a few more). I have missed travelling so much during the last year!

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

View-From-Grand-Hotel-SLC-20160216.jpgLaurenK Not to steal your thunder, but here is a photo I snapped from the Grand American Hotel in February 2016, while I was at my first Qualtrics Summit. The timing was just perfect. I had wrapped up my first day at the Summit which included a full day of Certification classes and finally made it to my room. When I looked outside, I saw this view and felt, WOW ! Hopefully in the coming years, I can bring my family to Utah to get a closer look of the mountain range.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

The amazing views of Austrian mountains during a ski trip.
The always snow clad mountains in northern Sweden during a summer fishing trip.
The soothing ocean view from a white beach in Bali.
There are loads to choose from 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I love the Swiss mountains in summer.
This is the view from the lake Arnensee towards the Glacier3000 in July last year.
I'd love to go back, but this year we'll stay in my home country Belgium. No mountains here, and no concrete plans yet, but we'll find some stunning views and locations here too I'm sure!
Zwitserland.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

I may be a nerd for my response, but I so wish I had the time last year to visit the summer camp I grew up at (Camp Fitch Forever!). They had to transition from the regular kids summer camp to family style camping in 2020, it was the opportunity of a lifetime fueled by the pandemic. But we couldn't get all the schedules to line up so I missed out on taking my family there. It is my favorite place for a ton a memories and the feelings it drives. I am not heavily faith-based and they do a good job of incorporating Christian values without pushing too hard. It is also right along Lake Erie (I remember being asked if that was the ocean by a counselor for Hong Kong) so has gorgeous sunsets. Other than phenomenal sunsets it's also so dark at night that you can clearly see the stars. The open air accommodations makes me feel like I am Mrs. Potter's Lullaby by Counting Crows "We drove out to the desert just to lie down beneath this bowl of starts." But luckily we get to lay on lush grass or on our bunks rather than the desert floor to be in our bowl of stars.

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

I've been to some cool places, but nothing exotic yet.
Now my children are old enough and before my first one leave the house, we are planning our "trip of a lifetime" for 2022 or 2023...
It will be a 2 weeks trip to Tanzania, visiting the Parc of Serengeti, with the Kilimanjaro as our bedroom view.

I hope each of us will remember this travel for his whole life !

Badge

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/38394#Comment_38394Tanzania is AMAZING. My wife and I got to visit there for our 25th anniversary. Loved it...you will definitely remember the trip for your whole life! The Serengeti is beautiful.

Leave a Reply