Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Can I create a question with a series of multiple choice boxes?

jtj3
jtj3 Phoenix AZCommunity Member Qubie ✭
edited June 23 in Survey Platform

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Briefly, to determine the usage of our product we need to know at least 2 things from our customer: what hardware they're running on, and what the base operating system is for said software. They may be developing on multiple platforms at once...so I'd like to give them a choice like this:

[fill in name of platform1] [dropdown list with choice of hardware] [dropdown list with choice of base OS]

[fill in name of platform2] [dropdown list with choice of hardware] [dropdown list with choice of base OS]

[fill in name of platform3] [dropdown list with choice of hardware] [dropdown list with choice of base OS]

A matrix won't really do the trick - and I could ask this as a series of multiple choice questions (one for hardware, one for platform) but that gets messy and makes the survey longer.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• TSAcc
    TSAcc Community Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Guru ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@jtj3 You could do this with a Side-by-Side question with three columns. Choose 'Open ended text' in column 1 options and dropdowns for the other two columns.

Answers

• jtj3
    jtj3 Phoenix AZCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Brilliant! I'm trying this now. Thank you!