Custom validation: Check user text input against responses in a different survey or in a database. | XM Community
Question

Custom validation: Check user text input against responses in a different survey or in a database.

Dear community,
We will be conducting an experiment that will consist of several phases on one day and will have two repeated sessions. We use an experiment identifier of the form "MT0906" to uniquely identify participants. Participants create these identifiers themselves, based on their name and date of birth. However, there is a risk that participants enter their participant identification incorrectly. Is there any way in Qualtrics to check whether a new text input has already been entered in a different survey or some database (where we could upload the responses)?
Thank you very much in advance! I am not sure if it is in the right category, please change it or suggest what I should change it to.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

One option is to use XM directory and use an authenticator. The other option is to call an external webservice to check.
This is a demo that I've developed, but its non-free.

ahmedA Thank you for your answer! I believe that your demo is the external webservice? How much would it be to use it for an academic study with 80 participants?

Can you please elaborate on how the solution could be implemented with an XM directory and authenticator?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

For discussion on the purchasing it, send me a private message.
For XM directory implementation, read the support pages on creating longitudinal studies.

Leave a Reply