Embedded data not updated as expected: How to update and display page numbers? | XM Community
Solved

Embedded data not updated as expected: How to update and display page numbers?

• 11 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi community,
My survey contains a block randomiser which chooses one block out of 12 and also makes the progress bar inaccurate. To let participants know where they are in the survey, I combined some codes I found in existing posts to add a page number in the footer; however, it seems that I have not done it in the correct way because the page number can only be updated once: it shows "page 1" on the first page, which is also the first block; it is correctly updated as "page 2" on the second page, which is also the second block; and then it is always "page 2", for the third block and after ...
Below are what I did:
First, I created an embedded data variable at the beginning of the whole survey.
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 15.54.25.pngThen, I added some codes to the footer on the source view.
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 14.01.50.pngAnd below is what I get from page 2 and afterwards in a preview.
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 14.04.58.pngI know that there are already quite a lot posts on generating page numbers or creating and updating embedded data variables. Still, I don't have a clue about what went wrong in my script or setting ... Or maybe I have missed some basic points?
Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Mishraji 12 June 2021, 21:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Sicily - Can you please provide the link to the post you picked up the above code from? Will try to fix it.
In the meantime, here is another post stating another way how page numbers can be added. Please have a look.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/38313#Comment_38313Hi Mishraji,
Thanks so much for referring to this post; I should have created customised buttons.

Leave a Reply