Is there a limit to the number of records we can upload to a contact list? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a limit to the number of records we can upload to a contact list?

• 16 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I've successfully uploaded a large contact list (~115,000 records) multiple times. It works, and I see that there are ~115,000 contacts in my list. I then go back in later, and it only shows that I have 65,000 records in the list. Every record over #65,000 was automatically dropped. And now we've got alums trying to login but can't because their record is one that was dropped.
Is this a limitation to my file type (i.e. the old Excel file size limitation of 65,000 rows)? I used a CSV, so I wouldn't think that was it. Or is there something in our account license preventing over 65,000 contacts in a single list? We have other contact lists, so in total, we have over 65,000 contacts. I just don't get why it would successfully complete the upload but then drop half of my contacts (with no notification or error).

icon

Best answer by Mishraji 19 June 2021, 22:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

dmccoyny - Not sure whether we have a limit to the number of contacts in a mailing list, but it is surely more than 65K. I have had contacts lists with 200K contacts.

This could be something on your license or the file that you are uploading has duplicates(which seems very unlikely).

I reviewed our account and didn't see any restrictions. I also checked my file, and no dupes present. However, I was able to amend our contact list by importing the remainder of the file (that was dropped), and so far the record count is holding. So I haven't yet found a reason for why the records dropped, but I at least have a working band-aid. But since I don't yet have an explanation as to what happened, I'm going to have to monitor the next file I upload daily for dropped records. Obviously that's frustrating.

Logged in this morning, and it shows that I accepted the first response as the answer to my question. I did not. And I'm not sure who did on my behalf.

Leave a Reply